Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wrapped up in a bow (outfit #33)

I found this darling 1960s red wiggle dress at a thrift store.  I love the two bows at the waist and the faux fur cuffs.  It reminds me of something Joan from Mad Men would wear to a debauchery filled holiday party.  My pearl, grape cluster, clip-on earrings were thrifted.  The Brownie "Holiday" camera is from my collection.  These cameras were produced sometime between 1953-57.
1950s 1960s Brownie Holiday camera beehive bow wiggle dress red Just Peachy, Darling
1950s 1960s beehive bow wiggle dress red Just Peachy, Darling
1950s 1960s Brownie Holiday camera beehive bow wiggle dress red Just Peachy, Darling
1960s wiggle dress pattern Just Peachy, Darling
Happy Sunday!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous! And, yes, oh so Joan!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress and absolutely perfect for the holidays! It reminds me a little of my "Dress no. 8" http://stormsmagasin.blogspot.dk/2012/11/dress-no.html#comment-form

    // Pia, stormsmagasin.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that dress is almost identical! You look stunning in red. :)

      Delete
  3. You're such a stunning knock-out! Love that you're working on your beehive hair goal already - great job on it!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Jessica! Yes, I was able to get some height with my hair. I'm going to keep perfecting it as the year progresses.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...