Friday, October 4, 2013

Bombs and Bow (outfit #62)

I'm having one of those months, where it seems like I'm constantly busy.  I'm trying to prepare for 20 different things, and I can't seem to pin down any one of them.  The Pueblo Modern event is taking place on November 15th, which I am helping co-curate.  Our hope is to create a cool community event, highlighting mid-century fashion, architecture, and home decor.  I'm trying to organize so many people and events and no one seems to want to call me back.  I'm appearing in an unrelated fashion show tomorrow for the Robot Exchange at the Collector Con.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get some cool pictures of my outfit.  My theme is from the movie Fido, about a 1950's housewife and her pet zombie.  If you haven't seen the movie, you can view the trailer here.  My husband is trying to convince me to speak with him at a conference in February, about engaging people with mid-century preservation, And we are co-writing an article for a preservation magazine.  Add to that, the fact that my kids have a random two week break in the middle of the month, we've had two appliances break, and my car started shaking...I'm starting to get stressed.  What do you do when you're feeling stressed?   Apparently, I buy shoes! :) These outfit shots were from a couple of weeks ago, back before the weather really embraced  Autumn.  Yay for fall!
40s Pinafore dress: Ebay 
Bakelite bangles: Ebay
shoes: Poetic Licence 
Strawberry clip-ons: Estate sale
1940's sundress pinafore sweetheart vintage Just Peachy, Darling
40's strawberry clip-on vintage plastic Just Peachy, Darling
Hand painted bows 1940s 40's bakelite vintage blogger outfit Just Peachy, Darling


1940s pinafore apron sweetheart dress sewing pattern Just Peachy, Darling
In other, very exciting news:  My daughter's room was picked up by the incredibly stylish and amazing Apartment Therapy!  I'm completely thrilled.  You can check it out here.
XOX, Hannah




2 comments:

  1. Huge congrats on having your DD's room featured on Apartment Therapy, that's seriously cool!

    Love your sweet, wonderfully pretty pinafore dress. After a lifetime of wanting one, I finally got my first this summer (and will be blogging about it soon).

    I'm sorry that you've had some rough patches lately (why do appliances always like to go in multiples? I find car problems to be the same - they hit you two or more at a time often), and hope that things will go more smoothly for you in October, honey.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...