Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vintage is for the birds (outfit #45)

Happy St. Patrick's Day, dearies!  This is one of my favorite cardigans, a 1950s Montrose brand Orlon sweater, with pearls and rhinestones.  I found this in the same bin as my $3 Jack Mann 40s blouse (pictured below), and it was also only $3!!  My 50s novelty skirt was an ebay purchase, and it features hens, roosters, eggs, and little straw nests.  I have been looking for a matching rooster brooch, but until I find one, I am wearing a darling little road runner pin that came to me from an antique store.  My Bakelite spacers add a little St. Paddy's green to the outfit    I'm awfully proud of my yellow and blue pinstripe heels, which were a gift from my super cool husband. :)
1950s beaded cardigan, novelty prink chicken skirt bakelite Just Peachy, Darling
1950s beaded cardigan, novelty prink chicken skirt bakelite roadrunner brooch Just Peachy, Darling
1950s beaded cardigan, novelty prink chicken skirt bakelite roadrunner brooch Just Peachy, Darling
1950s novelty print chicken circle skirt Just Peachy, Darling
1950s beaded cardigan advertisement photo Just Peachy, Darling
Happy Sunday!





4 comments:

  1. I love the skirt. How lucky you were to find such a bargain: an Easter novelty print!!! The heels are awesome. And again how lucky you are to have such a husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right! I didn't even think about it being appropriate for Easter, I just love novelty prints so very much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stellar find - and bargain to boot. You really do unearth some of the best vintage finds around, dear gal (and look gorgeous in all of them, may I add).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...