Saturday, August 10, 2013

Making a splash (outfit #58)

It's been a crazy whirlwind week!  My husband and I gave our presentation at the library entitled, "Pueblo Modern: Inside and Out."  We had nearly 100 people show up!  I think it went really smoothly, especially considering I am pretty shy and public speaking makes me really nervous.  Strangely, I didn't feel nervous while presenting, it was just the anticipation of the event had me on a super adrenaline high for most of the day.  The local newspaper ran a two page spread about the event and my little blog.  I had a lot of people email me with lovely, supportive messages, wishing to share their stories growing up here and also some of their personal photos of the era.  I realized just how small my city is (100.000 people), because I have been recognized from the article about 5 times in public.  We may present this information again in the future, and maybe even do a part 2, since we stopped at 1959. 
 You may remember this location from an early outfit post I did here.  It's called The Aberdeen, and is probably the coolest apartment building in Pueblo, maybe even Southern Colorado. It was built in 1961 and has this amazing mid-century Miami vibe.  We got permission from the owners to do an early morning shoot there (thanks Megan & Jim!!)  It rained hard the night before and it was still overcast and misty so I expected the water to be freezing.  Nope! It was the perfect temperature.
I'm wearing a 1940s or early1950s deadstock bathing suit that I bought on ebay last year.
1940s 1950s bathing swimsuit suit playsuit Just Peachy, Darling
40s 50s playsuit bathing suit swimsuit Just Peachy, Darling
Stay tuned for the outfit post of the dress I wore to present...
XOX, Hannah
Here is the Chieftain spread if you didn't get a chance to see it:
P.S. don't ask me what I am doing in that last picture? It looks like I'm squishing a bug. ;)
Pueblo Chieftain 50s housewife Just Peachy, Darling





7 comments:

  1. I have clients that live there and think of you every time I go check on them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! The talk was so much fun! It's really interesting to see the little town in a different light. I have a lot of family down there and now when I go visit them I will be a bit more informed. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making the trip down, Melissa. It was really nice to finally meet you. :)

      Delete
  3. How seriously awesome, tons upon tons of happy congrats on everything!!! It must be so cool to be recognized around town.

    You look so glamorous in your poolside swimsuit, dear gal, and the hit of peach at the neckline compliments your hair gorgeously.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah,
    Fireworks:
    Congrats on a two page spread! :D

    If I had a chance to get some days off (and a chance to go to an actual vacation - I'd pick that swimsuit!)

    Marija
    From (http://ruzicastapinkidusica.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulations on that feature! Very fun. I love the shape and details of your swimsuit. That is a perfect photo shoot location for this outfit!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...