Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Modani modern furniture

I was contacted by someone from Modani.com, a modern furniture company, and asked to design a room around my favorite sofa. 
  I was drawn to this black leather sofa, because it reminded me of the Bauhaus architect Le Corbusier.  It has plump, boxy cushions, and really sleek lines.  He was very prolific starting in the 1930s, but his work is gorgeous and timeless.  I'm always drawn to classic design, but I love to mix it up with pops of bright color, and fun and quirky details that reflect my style. Lime, grey, and hot pink are my current color crushes.  I'm also really into mixing different patterns with similar designs, it ties the room together without being too matchy-matchy.
The similar Le Corbusier designs:

Are you familiar with Modani.com? What do you think of their modern sofa collection? What are your favorite pieces?




1 comment:

  1. Very chic, vibrant room. I love starting with copious amounts of grey (it's one of my fave neutrals) like this and using bold hues to add visual interest and charm as you've done here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...